|Page (1) of 1 - 07/12/18||email article||print page|
NEW YORK, July 12, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Lounge Lizard is globally recognized as a New York website design company within the web design and development industry. Lounge Lizard's brandtenders are creative, tech-savvy, and passionate in developing innovative strategies that drive conversion for both startup and established clients of all industries, making them the "best of breed since 1998."
Content marketing is not an easy process. It generally takes a good deal of research and work to produce useful, effective, and engaging content that will support your particular business goals. One the best ways to ensure your efforts are not wasted is to be aware of common mistakes and missteps that can occur so that you avoid them. Today NY based web design company, Lounge Lizard, talks about the 5 Content Marketing mistakes everyone makes.
- Lazy writing. Writing is hard. Some people think that writing is easy and that anyone can do it, but if that was the case then there would be a million Stephen King's. It takes time and effort to create good content and that process should not be shortchanged without expecting shoddy results. That means taking the proper amount of time to research, write, and revise along with final editing prior to posting which includes checking spelling and grammar. While Word and other similar programs are miles ahead of where they used to be for providing suggestions and corrections, they are not foolproof.
- Not understanding the audience. This has always been a cardinal sin in content creation, yet it happens quite a lot. When you are marketing the first step is to establish the target demographic. From there you can research that demographic to better understand what they are interested in, problems they have, and generally what will resonate with them. If you can't create something they will find value in, along with being in the format they prefer, then it is not very likely that the content efforts will be successful. You need to have a narrow focus, so you hit your target instead of firing at random and hoping for hits.
- Duplicating content. You simply can't use the same idea over and over because it will negatively affect your SEO efforts. This includes using the same piece of content in multiple locations along with creating variations of the same idea for multiple content pieces. Content audits are a terrific way to avoid this when it has already happened and using a content calendar will help prevent this issue from occurring in the future.
- Too many links and keywords. There are two areas where Google and other search engines quickly catch problems; excessive keywords and backlinks. Backlinks should be used reasonably with a focus on high value rather than numerous low value ones. There are tools available that can provide a backlink report history to check on how good those links truly are. Keywords need to be used sparingly and in proper context rather than repetitively to get noticed. When you overuse them, it can cause confusion to a search engine and a reduction in rankings.
- Page loading problems. This is something that is often not considered when creating content; how fast will the pages be that the content will reside on? Any sort of slow loading speed, loading errors, etc. can be catastrophic to your end results. The goal should be to provide information at lightning speed to ensure the user experience is the best possible. Make sure to check all pages prior to and after content goes live to check performance.
Lounge Lizard Website Design Company is an award-winning, high-end design boutique specializing in website and mobile app development, UX/UI, branding, and marketing. Lounge Lizard excels in creating the ultimate brand strategy, fully loaded with expertly crafted visuals that work together to increase sales and effectively communicate a client's unique personality.
Media Contact: Ken Braun, Lounge Lizard, 631-581-1000, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Lounge Lizard
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved