|Page (1) of 1 - 09/13/17||email article||print page|
NEW YORK, Sept. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Social Good Summit, a unique gathering of world leaders, global activists and influencers in the arts, technology and entertainment, will once again kick off the United Nations General Assembly with a symposium of globally-recognized speakers discussing innovations in media and technology to make the world a better place by 2030.
The summit is Sunday, Sept. 17 from 10 am to 6 pm at 1395 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY and includes:
- Kathy Calvin, President & CEO of the United Nations Foundation
- Bob Weir, Founding Member of the Grateful Dead and Dead & Company
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Actor, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Goodwill Ambassador
- H.M. Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, Queen of Jordan
- Pete Cashmore, Founder & CEO of Mashable
- Connie Britton, Actor, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Goodwill Ambassador
- Carmen Perez, Executive Director of The Gathering for Justice and Co-Chair of the Women's March on Washington
- Whoopi Goldberg, Actress, Comedian & Activist
- David Miliband, President & CEO, International Rescue Committee
- Henry Timms, Executive Director of 92Y, Founder of #GivingTuesday
- Laura Dreyfuss, Actor, Dear Evan Hansen
- Muzoon Al-Mellehan, Student and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
- Richard Curtis, Screenwriter, Director, Co-Founder, Comic Relief
- Two Members of The White Helmets (Syria Civil Defense)
The Social Good Summit is sponsored by Mashable, 92nd Street Y (92Y), United Nations Foundation and United Nations Development Programme.
United Nations Foundation
The United Nations Foundation builds public-private partnerships to address the world's most pressing problems, and broadens support for the United Nations through advocacy and public outreach. Through innovative campaigns and initiatives, the Foundation connects people, ideas, and resources to help the UN solve global problems. The Foundation was created in 1998 as a U.S. public charity by entrepreneur and philanthropist Ted Turner and now is supported by philanthropic, corporate, government, and individual donors. Learn more at: http://www.unfoundation.org.
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in some 170 countries and territories, we offer global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations. http://www.undp.org
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. We're not for the casually curious. Our proprietary Velocity technology suite gives us the unique ability to combine creativity with data. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe.
92nd Street Y
92nd Street Y is a world-class, nonprofit cultural and community center that fosters the mental, physical and spiritual health of people throughout their lives, offering: wide-ranging conversations with the world's best minds; an outstanding range of programming in the performing, visual and literary arts; fitness and sports programs; and activities for children and families. 92Y is reimagining the community center in the digital age with initiatives like the award-winning #GivingTuesday, launched by 92Y in 2012 as a day to celebrate and promote giving. More than 300,000 people visit 92Y annually; millions more participate in 92Y's digital and online initiatives. Established in 1874, 92Y embraces its Jewish heritage and welcomes people of all backgrounds and perspectives. For more information, visit http://www.92Y.org.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved